Who are we?
Real estate is notoriously behind the technology curve and it has been slow in development in various fields from how we buy our homes to how we use our offices. Our mission is to create better places, for us to live and work at.
Flow and Form is re imagining how real estate assets are traded, built and operated through technology innovation. We act as a bridge between real estate professions and technologists in an effort to help accelerate the value creation of bringing advanced technology to the real estate industry.
We're merging best in class PropTech minds together and are always looking for exceptional talent to join our team and we provide excellent conditions to perform, grow and lead.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer (m/f) to help us with building API's for a whole range of our and client products. Ruby on Rails engineer's responsibilities include designing architecture and implementing a solution to a range of our products. Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base.
We want to build a different type of company that’s focused not only on the bottom line, but also the happiness of our customers and team, and our personal growth along the journey.
We are looking for a person who is able to show gratitude, continuously improve, be transparent, embrace positivity and act beyond him/herself - we take this pretty seriously.
We are looking for a person who can:
- Own: multiple steps within the backend architecture process and communication.
- Teach: other involved team members and partners on how to get better at their craft.
- Learn: new trends, stats and intel on backend development, architecture, and real estate domain.
- Improve: efficiencies within the development process and architecture.
- Designing system architecture and ensuring design patterns
- Creating friendly APIs for frontend and mobile clients
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Creating technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration with data storage solutions
- Ensuring communication flow between teams involved
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby and Rails framework (minimum experience: 2+ years)
- Advanced system architecture design and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in testing your code.
- Experience in working with a relational database (PostgreSQL, Mysql, MSSQL)
- Experience in working with Git version control
- Practical knowledge of working with a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in working with Docker
- Experience in Building API system
- Clear and honest communication among team members
- Agile workflow
- Excellent English speaking and writing
Bonus points for:
- Knowing your way around test driven development
- Experience with JSON:API/GraphQL standard
- Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. Salaries range from 18000 - 26000 HRK / month (Bruto).
- Technology: Get a laptop to do your best work + a budget to set up your working environment.
- Time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
- Free books: All the free books you like anytime, no questions asked.
- Working smarter: Grabbing a coffee or beer with the team anytime, working fewer hours but more effective, home-offices or team trips is something we practice regularly.
Give us a call or come by for a drink at any time, it is totally fine to make sure what is in it for you before you officially apply.
Feel free to ask us anything, give us a visit or send something cool.
Your application will be reviewed by Filip and Doris (they are real - not bots 🧑👩). They are looking forward to learning about your past experiences and your future goals. Doris and Filip will get back to you in 48 hours.