Who are we?
Real estate is notoriously behind the technology curve and it has been slow in development in various fields from how we buy our homes to how we use our offices. Our mission is to create better places, for us to live and work.
Flow and Form is re-imagining how real estate assets are traded, built, and operated through technology innovation. We act as a bridge between real estate professions and technologists in an effort to help accelerate the value creation of bringing advanced technology to the real estate industry.
We're merging best-in-class PropTech minds together and are always looking for exceptional talent to join our team and we provide excellent conditions to perform, grow, and lead.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior level Ruby on Rails Engineer (m/f) to help us build fast API’s for a whole range of our and client products. Ruby on Rails Engineer’s responsibilities include architecting and developing backend applications, from tackling complicated database queries to building blazing fast API’s.
We want to build a different type of company that’s focused not only on the bottom line, but also the happiness of our customers and team, and our personal growth along the journey.
We are looking for a person who is able to show gratitude, continuously improve, be transparent, embrace positivity and act beyond him/herself - we take this pretty seriously.
We are looking for a person who can:
- Own: multiple steps within the backend architecture process and communication.
- Teach: other involved team members and partners on how to get better at their craft.
- Learn: new trends, stats and intel on backend development, architecture, and real estate domain.
- Improve: efficiencies within the development process and architecture.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Developing new server-side features using Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience in solving challenging technical problems
- Understanding at least 1 popular SQL database engine (Postgres/Mysql/MSSQL)
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
Bonus points for:
- Experience with JSON:API/GraphQL standards
- Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. Salaries range from 20.000 - 31.000 HRK / month (gross). Oh, and we have no overtime.
- Relocation costs: if you are coming from anywhere else but Zagreb, we offer to cover the costs within the scope of our Job Relocation Package.
- Technology: Get a laptop to do your best work + a budget to set up your working environment.
- Education: Free books, online courses and conferences: all the free books and courses you like anytime, no questions asked.
- Industry mentoring: Regular in-house mentoring sessions on Proptech.
- Office: cool and spacious new office with kitchen supplies (stacked fridge, fruits and coffee) and a free parking space.
- Flexibility: Flexible working hours and an option for remote work.
- Time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
- Health: MultiSport Card.
- Working smarter: Grabbing a coffee or beer with the team anytime, working fewer hours but more efficiently, home-offices or team trips is something we practice regularly.
Feel free to ask us anything or schedule a visit - it is totally fine to make sure what is in it for you before you officially apply. We are looking forward to learning about your past experiences and future goals.
Your application will be reviewed by Andrea (she is real - not a bot 👩).